2011年11月3日星期四

My teaching philosophy

My teaching philosophy can be summarized into the following six points. 

        First, I believe it is essential for successful teaching that I sincerely care for the students and maintain a healthy relationship with them.

        Second, I know that explicitness and fairness in my expectations and their implementation are always appreciated by the students.

        Third, I emphasize active learning. I encourage my students to think actively and critically through the question-and-answer process and continuously motivate them to seek their own answer by asking questions for themselves.

        Fourth, I realize that each of my students is unique and therefore I attempt to respond to different learning styles and to accommodate different abilities. 

        Fifth, although I stress learning itself rather than achieving a good grade in my class, I also understand how important good grades are to the students. I encourage each of my students to set a very specific, practical but high-aimed goal and continuously monitor and discuss their performance on a regular basis in order to help them attain their goals. 

     Finally, I believe that my professional growth is another essential factor for continuous success in my teaching.  I also make a great effort to improve my teaching by seeking feedback from students and peers, attending teaching workshops, and studying and experimenting with new methods and approaches.

3 条评论:

  1. I love how you put your philosophy on here. It provides great detail and insight about you as a teacher!

    回复删除
  2. Very nice. Thank you for sharing.

    回复删除
  3. Being open to feedback from customers (which in our case is students) is essential in any business. Glad you already know this!

    回复删除